Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Cross-Country


At Paihia school we have just finished cross-country. Here's the story. I was waiting at the starting line waiting for the word, I was getting nervous, so was my friend Ben he had butterflies “GO” out of nowhere the race had started. So I started running, At the beginning of the race I was in 4th place with Stilly in front of me. After running around the field we had to climb over a fence, I started running up the hill and then I started to get puffed and tired. Halfway around the track I caught up to Stilly he started walking for a little bit, so did I. For the rest of the race me and Stilly kept  over taking each other. As I was going down the hill Stilly got way in front of me. I was so tired I could barely run, The only reason I caught up to Stilly is because he went off the track and when he went off the track it took longer for him, I don't know why it took longer for him it just did. Jumping over the second fence, finally back onto the field. As I was running on the last half of the field I overtook Stilly and I stayed in front. At the end of the race I came 3rd. Ben came 2nd and Fonz came 1st. What I enjoyed doing the most was running down the hill, I liked running down the hill because it is easy. What I found really hard was running up the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment